Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES AND OBLIGATIONS. BY REGISTERING FOR AN ACCOUNT AND USING THE CLOWDR PLATFORM, YOU AGREE TO COMPLY WITH AND BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS.
Who we are and how to contact us
clowdr.org is a site operated by Clowdr CIC ("We"). We are a UK Community Interest Company registered in England and Wales under company number 12984216 and have our registered office at Flat 40 Quay Point, Lime Kiln Road, Bristol, BS1 5AD, United Kingdom.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 4th March 2021.
We may make changes to our site
We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce.
We will notify you of any material change to the Platform either by sending you an email with details of the change or notifying you of a change when you next access the Platform.
If you do not accept the notified changes you may not be permitted to continue to use the Platform if the change relates to functionality or a change of law.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
On acceptance of your Account application We grant to you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to use the Platform strictly in accordance with these terms and conditions and subject always to the Use Restrictions
You agree that you will:
- not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, the Platform in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us;
- not copy the Platform except as part of the normal use of the Platform or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the Platform nor permit the Platform or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs;
- not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Platform nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are necessary to decompile the Platform to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with the Platform or with another program (Permitted Objective), and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
- is not disclosed or communicated without our prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate it in order to achieve the Permitted Objective; and
- is kept secure; and
- is used only for the Permitted Objective;
- comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the Platform.
- not use the Platform in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the Platform or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the Platform;
- transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the Platform;
- use the Platform in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- collect or harvest any information or data from the Platform or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Platform.
Third Party Software
Our Platform incorporates the proprietary software of Nexmo Inc, trading as Vonage (www.vonage.com) (the “Vonage Services”). In relation to the Vonage Services you agree not to : transfer, resell, lease, license, or otherwise make available the Vonage Services to third parties; use the Services in any manner that violates the Vonage Acceptable Use Policy (https://www.vonage.com/legal/communications-apis/acceptable-use); decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Vonage Services, except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such reverse-engineering restrictions; or to alter, modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Vonage Services.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
The Platform is provided to you "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" and with all faults and defects without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, Clowdr on its own behalf and on behalf of its affiliates and its and their respective licensors and service providers, expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the Platform, including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, and warranties that may arise out of course of dealing, course of performance, usage or trade practice. Without limitation to the foregoing, Clowdr provides no warranty or undertaking, and makes no representation of any kind that the Platform will meet your requirements, achieve any intended results, be compatible or work with any other software, applications, systems or services, operate without interruption, meet any performance or reliability standards or be error free or that any errors or defects can or will be corrected.
Without limiting the foregoing, We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied: (i) as to the operation or availability of the Platform, or the information, content, and materials or products included thereon; (ii) that the Platform will be uninterrupted or error-free; (iii) as to the accuracy, reliability, or currency of any information or content provided through the Platform; or (iv) that the Platform, its servers, the content, or e-mails sent from or on behalf of Clowdr are free of viruses, scripts, trojan horses, worms, malware, timebombs or other harmful components.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
How we may use your personal information
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Our trade marks
Clowdr is a trade mark of Clowdr CIC. You are not permitted to use it without our approval, unless it is part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our site.